Love Finds You in Romeo, Colorado (Love Finds You Series)

Love Finds You in Romeo, Colorado - Gwen Ford Faulkenberry

The first time I read this book, I made a note about it that said it was dull and boring. The “second verse is the same as the first” this time, as it never did spark my interest...in fact, I had to force myself to finish it!

There were a lot of typographical errors in this book, which proved to be a major distraction. I found it to be a case of more telling us readers the events rather than showing them to us. I didn't feel like the story was wrapped up in terms of the main characters. In fact, you get to the end and assume that when you read the epilogue you will find out what happens with them, but instead the ending focused on the wedding of two of the lesser characters, and the main characters are just attending it. The author never really tells you what happens with the main characters, which was extremely frustrating!

Claire was hard to connect to as a character, and was very flawed. Too flawed to be likable, in my opinion. Claire tended to jump to conclusions without getting all of the facts. She also made snap judgments and was stubborn to change her ways. I can appreciate how hard it was for Claire to trust in God and learn to love again, but she took it way too far for my liking. She was so fearful of losing people she cared about, because of past experiences, that she had trouble with letting her heart open to another man. Stephen was a bit too aloof for my tastes which also made him a difficult character to connect to. I thought these characters were too mismatched and it made their romance feel forced.

I’m glad I got this one from the library, as it is not one I’ll re-read again or own.