SPOILER ALERT!

Dead by Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team After Hours/I-Team #7.5)

Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team After Hours) - Pamela Clare

On one hand, I'm sad that this is going to be the final book for the I-Team for a while, but on the other hand I'm glad it went out with a bit of a bang. That being said, the bang it went out on was not what I was expecting, nor was it very original to me.

My first thought when everything started going down was that this was exactly like the Die Hard franchise of movies. By the time I got to the end of the story, the author let the readers know that this was intentional. She made it a point to say that some were calling the events at the hotel "Die Hard in Denver". While I enjoy the Die Hard movies, I didn't enjoy how close this book came to them.

I did enjoy seeing all the I-Team couples in the book, and would have enjoyed more time with some of them. It seemed that the book focused more on Marc/Sophie, Gabe/Kat, and Nick/Holly, than giving each couple equal attempts at heroism. Granted, Marc and Gabe are some of the more popular heroes, and the Nick/Holly angle could have been to promote Seduction Game more, but some of the couples got shuffled off into "cameo standing on the sidelines" status.  Will and Lissy from Heaven Can't Wait weren't even mentioned at all!

I did like how the author handled dealing with Mr. Baird! The guy was a complete jerk and coward, and having Tom Trent basically kick the guy off the paper after revealing that Marc was the one sabotaging things and that Sophie was his wife was totally epic!

I think this leaves the I-Team in a good place if the author chooses not to write any more books in the series. I would like to see more books in the series, but with the way this ended, I'm ok if there isn't any more as well.