Dirty (Dive Bar #1)

Dirty (Dive Bar) - Kylie Scott

I RECEIVED AN ADVANCE COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!!

This book was awesome! While I enjoyed the author's Stage Dive series, I kept feeling like it was missing a vital component. In reading this book, I found the missing component! This book was laugh out loud funny, and had a sense of camaraderie that the previous series was missing.

Lydia was a very interesting heroine, standing up for herself, but she was also vulnerable. I liked how she moved past the disaster that was her wedding day and carved a new dream out for herself. I also enjoyed seeing how she wasn't model thin and perfect either, but she did take it a bit too far a couple of times.

Vaughn was also a bit different, as he didn't act like a normal musician hero. He wasn't completely self-centered and self-absorbed, as I've seen other takes on musician heroes. His major flaw was that he withdrew too much from those that cared about him, but I felt that this made him more realistic to me.

I enjoyed seeing an alternate side to the setting, as it also features in Joanna Wylde's Reapers series. Having read that series gave this book an additional depth that I found quite enjoyable. Surprise guest appearances from the Stage Dive books also factored in and made the book just that much more enjoyable! For me, this was a quick and very engaging read. I'm looking forward to more books in the series!