Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)

Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas

After reading Throne of Glass, I figured I'd be eager to read this one, but it's left me torn in a lot of ways. It took me a bit longer to get through it too, but it was still a decent read overall.

Much is revealed in this book, and not all is what it seems. Celaena goes through much loss in this book, but she discovers a lot about herself as well. It is interesting to see the developments for her as a character trying to be more than just an assassin Champion to a corrupt king.

As with the previous book, there is still a bit of a love triangle brewing between Celaena, Chaol, and Prince Dorian. Again in this book, Chaol is still a jerk. He does a lot of stupid stuff in this story, and all it does is drives a rift between him and Celaena. It reminds me so much of the Twilight "Team Edward/Team Jacob" debates that I'm pretty much declaring Team Dorian here, especially in light of the King Gavin/Queen Elena thing that him and Celaena have going.

The development of Dorian's character took an interesting turn in this story, and made the plot much more interesting, I think. It did, of course, raise more questions than answers, but is well worth continuing the series on!