Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys #1)

Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys) - Marie Harte

I RECEIVED AN ADVANCE ELECTRONIC COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!

This book started out kinda slow for me, and it took a bit for it to sink in that this was a spin off of the McCauley Brothers books. Once it sunk in, I really began to enjoy the book. Johnny was the quintessential bad boy, reminding me so much of Patrick Swayze's Johnny in Dirty Dancing. He was sweet and tough and sexy all rolled up into one package. He was not without his flaws, though. He had trouble committing to a woman and even understanding how to love one.

Lara was sassy and spunky and I admired her for working and putting herself through nursing school at the same time. I felt she focused a bit too much on other people's needs, but it was realistic feeling enough that it wasn't an annoyance.

The book had me chuckling in quite a few places, and while they fell in love over a few short weeks, there is the explanation that they'd been crushing on each other for much longer than that, and it made the romance believable. All things considered, a great start to a new series, and I'm eagerly awaiting Foley's book!