Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra #3)

Royal Games - Sariah Wilson

I RECEIVED AN E-ARC OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!

I have enjoyed every one of the author's Royals of Monterra series, but this one blew them all away! I really enjoyed how much I could relate to Genesis, but I also enjoyed seeing the couples from the previous books as well in small snippets of their lives.

Genesis was a very hardworking woman, perhaps doing too much in an effort to please everyone around her, due to issues in her past. What woman isn't like that at some point or another in their lives? What made me fall totally in love with Genesis was her total fandom status. She's an avid World of Warcraft player, even running the same class and specialization I do, which made her awesome in my book. However, it was her love of Star Trek and many other things Geek that made her my favorite heroine of the series!

Rafe was a bit aloof and cool for me, so he took a bit for me to warm up to. Due to the issues in Genesis' past, the author had to walk a pretty fine line between protective and controlling with him and she struck a good balance with it overall. Granted, he did make some mistakes with it, but it showed him to be flawed and imperfect, making him more realistic in my eyes.

All things considered, this is my favorite book of the series, and I highly recommend both it and the entire series to anyone looking for a clean romance with a bit of a fairy tale twist to it!