Wrong Place, Right Time (The Bourbon Street Boys #2)

Wrong Place, Right Time - Elle Casey

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This is nearly a direct follow up to the previous story in the series, but focuses on May's sister, Jenny. There was a different dynamic than in the previous story, due to the fact that this story revolves around single parents getting together.

As with the first book, there was a decided lack of suspense in this story. In fact, there were maybe 4 references to a suspenseful angle total! In addition to that, the romance angle wasn't all that great either! The couple goes on maybe 4 dates, and suddenly, they're talking forever love, though they don't actually admit it to each other.

Unlike the first book, we don't see much interaction between Jenny and the rest of the Bourbon Street crew. This made it feel like there was a disconnect between them, and we didn't learn much new information about the remaining characters in the group. Very disappointing if there is going to be two more books in the series!

All things considered, I really wouldn't recommend this book or series to others. There's not enough romance or suspense in it for me to consider it a shining example of those categories. Granted, it is a light and quick read, which is why my rating of it isn't lower than it is. I'm interested enough to finish out the series, but I'm not sure I'd read the author in the future.