Meat

Meat - Opal Carew

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I was so excited to read this after reading an excerpt of it, but I wound up extremely disappointed by it! Don't get me wrong, the book did have it's good moments, but on the whole, I found it very hard to believe.

Rex was not believable as a Dom at all! It was as if all his domination knowledge came from 50 Shades of Grey and the lines he used were so cheesy! He never did any aftercare for Rebecca as his submissive, and seemed to allow her way too much latitude when it came to disrespecting him as her Master. His Dominance was not that dominant, in my opinion.

Also, if he was really that well endowed, any Dominant would know that he would have to prepare his partner very well for anal sex. Yet, in this story, little to no preparation was done for Rebecca, and she's miraculously able to take all of him immediately. This was not believable for me at all!

Rebecca also seemed too clueless for a hotel restaurant manager. She would be expected to be well versed in the computer systems used, and yet can't do something as simple as update software in this day and age? I really didn't think so, and even if that was the case, then that's what the hotel would pay IT guys for! Embarrassment for using them would not be a good enough excuse to get out of the consequences of leaving her system logged in, which resulted in embezzlement!

The story was engaging and entertaining, and the characters were easy to connect with overall, but the plot irregularities made it very difficult for me to be able to recommend this book to others.