Fearless (Rescue Squad #2)

Fearless - Kimberly Kincaid

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

After the characterization problems found in the previous book in the series, I was not really looking forward to reading this story.  For me, the characterization continued to be a problem, though the writing was a bit more interesting in this story.

I really liked the minor mystery we had playing out in the latter half of the book, but the end of it was summarized, rather than gone into with any sort of detail.  It felt like cheating the reader more so than anything else.

Cole was entirely too controlled!  It about cost him both his honor and Savannah!  His explanation of it only went so far as well.  It made him an easily dislikable hero, and not much of an Alpha or sexy hero.

Savannah was very annoying.  I get that she was supposed to be spunky and independent, but her "pedigree" and desire to prove herself above it often got in her way.  She seemed way too hung up on it to keep it entirely quiet.

While the book moved quickly, I really couldn't connect to the characters, much like I couldn't in the first book.  While the writing is rather good, I'm finding the characterization rather lacking.