The Player and the Pixie (Rugby #2)

The Player and the Pixie (Rugby Book 2) - L.H. Cosway, Penny Reid

After really enjoying the first book in this series, I thought that this book would be another really enjoyable read.  Instead, what I got was an extremely boring read.

I found Sean's situation with his sexual experience totally unbelievable!  Even with being the self absorbed jerk that he was, I couldn't believe that sex sucked that badly for him.  He also pretty much treated everyone but Lucy like complete dirt, and all because he had a somewhat crappy childhood.  As Rocket Raccoon would say, "Oh, boo frikkin hoo!"  Grow up and treat others like you want to be treated and you might get a little further in life.

Lucy was a bit unbelievable, in so much as she never sought help for her compulsion, nor did she stand up for herself to her mother.  I also couldn't believe that her brother would constantly bail her out so that she wouldn't have to be jailed for her crimes.

The romance between Lucy and Sean was lackluster at best, focusing mostly on the sex, and not so much on the getting to know you part of things.  Just suddenly they realize they love one another?  Based on what?  Nothing deep and meaningful, to me at least!

After this, I doubt I will continue with the series.