SPOILER ALERT!

Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail #4)

Mai Tai'd Up  - Alice Clayton

It's hard for me to read these books without comparing them to the first book in the series, because that was a story I truly loved.  These subsequent books have been a bit hit or miss with me.  However, this one was more enjoyable than the previous two.

I admired Chloe for wanting to strike out on her own and do something with her life that truly spoke to her, but she had a tendency to not handle things well.  I especially loved how the romance between Lucas and Chloe grew from friendship and working together, though I didn't like Chloe's constant avoidance of the fact that she ran away from her wedding.  Lucas' reaction to the news was a bit too harsh for my tastes, and felt more like punishing Chloe than anything else.

However, there was something missing from this book.  It just wasn't as good as the first one, despite how much I liked Chloe and Lucas.  There were a few cameo's of other couples we had met through the series, but one felt very forced and I didn't care for it.  All things considered, it's a step in the right direction for the series, but a case of "Too little, too late".