Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (Love Finds You Series)

Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin - Pamela S. Meyers

I have family from the Lake Geneva region, so that made me very excited to read this book.  However, I was very disappointed in it overall.

Meg caused much of my problem with this book.  All she cared about was getting to be a reporter, and didn't care who she hurt to get there, including her family.  She drew further away from all of them, even God, all in pursuit of this career choice.  I really had a hard time connecting with her because of this.

Jack wasn't a bad hero, but he was a bit manipulative and enabling of Meg's behavior for his own gains.  The one thing I did enjoy was how his interactions with her family caused him to become closer to God, even as Meg herself was pulling away.

This book was full of lessons about listening to the Lord's plan for a person's life.  It did get a bit too preachy for me at times, but I took it as part of the time frame as well.  This is one book that is worth reading once, but no more than that, and certainly not worth keeping in my Kindle Library!