SPOILER ALERT!

Inarticulate

Inarticulate - Eden Summers

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR THROUGH BOOK FUNNEL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW! BE AWARE THAT THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I wound up in a scramble to read this book, as I forgot about the release day, so I wound up staying up late to read it. That wasn't a hardship, as I became immediately emotionally invested in the story. However, what pulled it down for me was all of the deception and lack of reaction/emotion from Keenan.

Keenan represented a unique hero in the romance world: a man who was mute. However, we don't actually get a glimpse into his thought processes until chapter 8, and that felt entirely too long to me. I began to hate his smirks and knowing looks, long before then. Chapter 8 began changing my mind about him, but then he went and ruined it with his deceptions about his identity, reason he didn't speak, and even his capability of speech! It took a lot for me to accept that Savannah forgave him the final time.

Savannah was a typical businesswoman: driven and determined, but what I liked about her was that she was willing to give it all up for a shot at love. Her family ties were an interesting twist to the story, especially with the story between her and Penny. Penny was a character that I loved to hate, so her reversal at the end of the book was unexpected, but also felt a bit false.

All things considered, this was a decent introduction to the author's writing style. While this book didn't resonate well with me, it was a quick and emotional read. I definitely will read more by this author!