Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago #3)

Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago) - Kate Meader

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  I ALSO WON A PAPERBACK COPY FROM GALLERY BOOKS THROUGH GOODREADS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THESE MANNERS DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

The final book of the Hot in Chicago series focuses on the very private and quiet Wyatt Fox.  I've been a bit curious about him since his introduction, and this book was a decent look into his personality.  However, it was bogged down by a bit too much drama and deception for me.

Wyatt's private and quiet nature stems from a rough childhood and childhood affliction.  He felt it easier to just not talk, rather than be mocked, but he's retained those habits into adulthood.  This leads to a very secretive nature that at one point alienates his family.  I had a hard time agreeing with his decision on this matter.  Perhaps if he hadn't kept it a secret, there would not have been as much drama and conflict that prompted the previous books.

Molly Cade is Wyatt's love interest, and yet another secret that he has kept.  Being an actress that has made it big in Hollywood, I understood her reasons for privacy and secrecy, but I felt that she did some pretty dumb moves, both with her ex-husband and Wyatt, that landed her in a spot of trouble.

The story had cameos and catch ups with all of the previous couples in the series, so it was a good finish to the series.  However, I found myself not that interested in Wyatt and Molly as a couple.  It was hard for me to believe that they could make it work out for a happily ever after.  All things considered, it was a solid entry in the series, but not my favorite one.