The Gospel According to Twilight

The Gospel According to Twilight: Women, Sex and God - Elaine A. Heath

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've always wondered about those books that can link the Bible to more secular pop culture, but I never really found one that piqued my interests until this one. I thought I'd give it a chance, but I was majorly disappointed with this one!

To me, it wound up vilifying every relationship in the Twilight saga, likening most of them to abusive, pedophilical, or just plain dysfunctional. I felt it tried to look at the books through too many lenses, and wound up becoming confusing overall. It became evident to me that this book didn't understand that people would see the Twilight saga as fictional or make believe, and sought to save us from the mistaken beliefs found within that saga. It became very preachy for me at that point, and never recovered from it.

While I did find a few ideas interesting and worth consideration, I would not purchase this book or recommend it to others.