Legal Wolf's Mate

Legal Wolf's Mate - Eve Langlais

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've read a few of the author's other works, and they were hit and miss for me, but it had been a few years since I had read one of her works, so when the publisher asked me to read and review this one, I decided to take a shot at it. Unfortunately, I wasn't that impressed with it.

I started out really admiring Megan and her convictions, even though she faced an almost insurmountable problem. However, the plot twist surrounding her really ruined her as a character for me. It felt like the author was trying to appeal to the urban fantasy audience by using this plot twist. It felt somewhat forced and cheap to me.

Gavin may have seemed like an alpha, but I didn't see him like that. He came across as petulant and clueless most of the time, though he did redeem himself by going after Megan when she had been taken to her grandparents' home.

The mysteries in this story weren't that complex, though I didn't focus on them to figure them out either. They felt ignored for the most part, save for when they were needed as a plot device. I would have liked to see them fleshed out quite a bit more!

What redeemed this story for me was the supporting character Broderick. He seemed like an interesting character, and references to his shifter form had my interest piqued. I like how his antics made me laugh, so I hope to see more of him in another book!

All things considered, I wouldn't recommend this book to others, but I did find it a bit of an entertaining way to spend a few hours.