Wild

Wild - Eve Langlais, A.C. Arthur, Kate Douglas Wiggin

DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This is the second time I have reviewed an anthology of stories by two of these authors, and I was fortunate enough to read Legal Wolf's Mate separately, since all three of the stories in this anthology are direct sequels to the stories found in Growl/Claimed by the Mate, Vol. 1. Since it had been a while since I had read the previous stories by Kate Douglas and A.C. Arthur, I felt a bit lost until I remembered the details of those previous stories, so I would not recommend reading these with a large break in between them. While they do focus on other couples, I would not call these stories standalones either.

In Catch a Tiger by the Tail by Eve Langlais, we continue the story set forth in Legal Wolf's Mate, and it seemed there was no downtime between the two stories. Broderick was somewhat funny, but I couldn't get a good handle on Lulu. The plot felt very formulaic and was almost a repeat of Legal Wolf's Mate, where there was a twist involving the heroine. The mysteries introduced in Legal Wolf's Mate were furthered, but this story ended on a cliffhanger, which I did not appreciate. Overall, this one wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. (2.5 stars)

In Wild Passions by Kate Douglas, a group of 4 friends wind up finding validation and love at the Feral Passions resort. I really liked this book. It did let readers know that some time had passed between the events of the first story and this one. I admired all the women, and how they were so accepting of the men's natures. I even liked the twist that they had their own unique secrets! Not everyone had a happily ever after, but there was no cliffhanger in this story either. I'd love to buy a copy of this for my personal collection! (5 stars)

In Her Perfect Mates by A.C. Arthur, I was completely lost, since I didn't remember much of the previous story. It also shows time passing since the events of the previous story, but the story was very convoluted. I had a hard time connecting to the male characters, but did admire the heroine for trying to overcome her origins and the events of her past. The author did redeem herself for me, as when Caroline the heroine said no and rejected the heroes, the author did allow that to stand and not force a rape scene. It ends on a slight cliffhanger, but I'm not in a big rush for the next story either. (2 stars)