Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2)

Slow Burn: A Colorado High Country Novel - Pamela Clare

FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

As a fan of the author's I-Team and Blakewell/Kenleigh series, I was excited to hear about this new series, but was a bit disappointed by the first installment of this series. That being said, this second installment wasn't quite where I wanted it to be, in fact, I found it to be even worse than the first book in the series, and I feel that I rounded up on that rating!

The prologue is nothing more than a rehashing of the first meeting of the main characters that appeared in the first book. It did allow readers to understand the jump to a year later easier, so I could understand why it was added to this book.

However, I really didn't see these two falling in love, because there wasn't much in the way of alone time between the two of them. Sure, there was a lot of attraction, but not a lot of meaningful conversation, especially in light of the fact that this is mainly an extension of the first book by showcasing that first couple's wedding.

While there were appearances by the citizenry of the town that I had so enjoyed in the first book, this book kept those appearances to a bare minimum and it didn't feel necessary to this story. The addition of Victoria's family did nothing but anger me for most of the book, until the very end of it, when her father essentially bought my forgiveness.

All things considered, it was a quick and easy read, but I was hoping for much more out of it.