A Sure Thing (The Donnigans #1)

A Sure Thing - Marie Harte

FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

When I first learned about this series, I was a bit excited by it, as I remember enjoying the McCauley Brothers series overall. However, I was very disappointed by this story!

Ava really got on my nerves! I hated how much she clung to her "list", instead of realizing that Landon really wouldn't conform to a list. She was a bit on the prissy side, and I felt she was hard to relate to overall.

Landon, unfortunately, was not much better as a character! He was a bit bossy and domineering, but never took it anywhere. He came across as a bit of a bum, even though he was employed at the gym and had another mystery consulting job. I think it was a deliberate ploy on the author's part, because Ava was so wrapped up in her job, but it fell very flat for me.

To me, the chemistry between the two characters was lacking. It felt as if all they had to base their relationship on was the sex, and no real depth beyond that. It did not ring true for me at all! Even the supporting characters were a bit lackluster overall!

The book did have a few moments of levity and enjoyment for me, so it saved the book from a lower rating, but I'm definitely hesitant to purchase more in this series, or even this book itself! It also had a bit of foreshadowing for the next Body Shop Bad Boys book, which I find to be a much better series than this one. However, I'm not immediately moving this series to the Abandoned Series pile just yet, so that is a good thing!