Size Matters (A Perfect Fit #1)

Size Matters (A Perfect Fit) - Alison Bliss

FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've never read anything by this author before, but I'm always a sucker for BBW romances, so I decided to give this a chance.

Leah was a bit annoying at times. She wasn't that overweight, and yet she kept making over as if she was 100-150 pounds overweight. Her insecurities led her to be self destructive at times and wouldn't let her accept the fact that Sam could fall for her. However, there were times where she really stood up for herself and began to really shine.

Sam was a jerk for most of the book, and most of what he did got Leah into trouble somehow, and he didn't really own up to dealing with it until he discovered he had fallen for her, then wanted to bail her out of the entire mess he had gotten her into!

The secondary characters in the book were almost as bad as our two main characters! Leah's mom was insulting and abusive, and her father never defended her! Valerie had no problem abandoning Leah any time she wanted to hook up with a guy, and didn't really respect Leah's wishes when it came to dating. Max was a sexist jerk, who had no issue with sabotaging his best friend's chances with Leah.

With all this negativity about the book, why have I rated this so highly, you may be asking? The answer is simple: the humor! This book was very funny! Every time one of these negative issues reared its head, something happened that was so side-splittingly funny that it totally eclipsed the negative aspect! That really held the book together and kept me interested and reading it!

For a first introduction to the author, I would definitely recommend this book!