It's In His Smile

It's In His Smile - Shelly Alexander FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!

For most of this book, I really hated it. In the second book, we got to see a few of the townsfolk, but not on the scale of this story. There were a lot of folks that I didn't remember meeting from the first two books, which was a good thing. However, the time jump between the stories was very disconcerting! For example, when we get to check back in with the characters from the previous stories, we find one of them is suddenly married and in advanced stages of pregnancy, when they were just back together at the end of the second book, and only suspecting pregnancy, it became very jarring.

Miranda wasn't a likable heroine for me. Her constant worry about being seen as her mother was, her need to control her brother's life so completely in order to ensure he had a better chance than she had, and her perceived need for respectability got old, very quickly, especially with her reactions to the blog! Even with all her successes in life, including raising her brother, she still couldn't get past the thought that she should be a prude so that she didn't come across as though she was like her mother, though the actions of one of the townsfolk didn't help!

Talmadge also wasn't likable as a hero for me either! He came across as a know it all, totally steamrollering over anyone that didn't do exactly what he wanted, when and how he wanted it. I thought Miranda could do so much better than him!

There were a couple of things that kept this from a one star rating for me, mostly near the end of the story. However, the series is really too lackluster for me to try to continue through, should any further releases come out, and it is not one I would recommend to others!