Need You for Mine

Need You for Mine - Marina Adair I RECEIVED AN ADVANCE COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!!

I've been slogging my way through the St. Helena books for a while now, and while I've kept hoping that the series would improve for me, it has instead been on a steady decline to the point where I no longer wish to continue the series.

One of my major complaints about this story is that there is so much deception going on, all for the sake of money and saving face. I find it hard to believe that two strong characters wouldn't take the chance on going it alone or trying something new.

Harper was a bit unbelievable as a heroine, as she had a loving grandmother that tried to provide her with stability and yet Harper feels unworthy, unloved, and not good enough consistently. To me, she came off as more of a doormat than a proper heroine.

Adam seemed like a child and not a man because of his pranks and issues with commitment. I could not connect with him at all and wound up disliking him for most of the book. His antics had me putting the story down out of disgust more often than not!

All things considered, I can't recommend this book or series to anyone, as it simply was not an enjoyable read for me.