Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina

Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina - Tamela Hancock Murray Once again, I'm reviewing a Love Finds You that I had previously read. The first time I read this, all I had to say about it was that it was interesting. While that is a bit true this time around as well, I have to say that I was not that impressed by the story overall as well.

I found it to be extremely preachy, even for an Inspirational title. I can understand that this was set in the 1920s and some people were like that back then, but this too things a bit too far for my tastes. I didn't care for Selene's entry into the story or her continued presence, though I did enjoy seeing her path back to the Lord and the eventual romance that blossomed because of it.

Hestia and Booth's relationship was the main focus, but I really didn't see much where a romance could bloom, just from the short moments of interaction between the two of them. I also hated that Hestia's career ideas were unfulfilled and unexplored past her deciding that she empathized too much with patients to be of use to them. There were other options back then besides homemaker!

All things considered, this is not one I wish to keep in my Kindle library, but it is worth reading at least once.