Roadside Assistance (Body Shop Bad Boys Book 2)

Roadside Assistance (Body Shop Bad Boys Book 2) - Marie Harte DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I loved this book! As always, it was good to see the McCauley/Webster's crew in action, but this book dealt with a couple of deeper issues: emotional abuse at the hands of a parent as well as body image issues.

Foley was an unlikely hero, and yet I couldn't imagine anyone else for Cyn! I loved his heart of gold and how he was so certain of what he wanted in Cynthia. It was very clear that he treasured her! I liked how protective he was of his mother and unapologetic nature. I thought he was very accepting of himself and didn't care what the rest of society thought because he knew his worth.

Cyn was a different story. She reminded me so much of myself, it was eerie! All of her insecurities about her size and her self-doubt really resonated with me, and yet, in spite of it all she was surprisingly honest and successful! I loved how she started to really look at things after the confrontation with Foley and how that spurred her to seek help working through her issues. I literally cheered when she finally confronted her abuser!

The end of this book serves as a spring board for another spin off series from the McCauley Brothers, but it was very subtly done and well woven into the story. It made logical sense to have these spin off characters together!

All things considered, this was an amazing book, one that I highly recommend and would definitely purchase for myself! I can't wait for the next book in the series as well as the new spin off series!